Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to partake in events, giveaways and more!

Whihtness

Thread starter #1
IGN: Whihtness

Previous IGN: Whihtness

Realm applying for: Factions

Age (Must be 14 or older):

Timezone: EST

What do you think of yourself as far as being a toxic player or are you a calm and quiet player?: I am a calm and quiet player, when help is needed I chip in! I am not one to harass people in chat and or create any chaos. Being a wild, rowdy and obnoxious member in chat can create a toxic community and is not something I like at all.

How active are/were you: I used to be an extremely active as a player! I had taken a break and have came back. I have been extremely active recently and plan to be active for a long time here on Decimate. Decimates community and team has been a great experience and is a lovely play to play. I see myself being active on this server to the fullest extent.

Do you understand that if you do not meet the minimal hours a week of Discord, forums, in-game, you will be demoted without further warning? Yes of course, it is totally fair to know the rules and if they are not met there will be a punishment. When someone is given a responsibility and role it is expected to meet certain criteria, if it is not, it is totally fair to make the decision and take actions against it appropriately.

Why should I accept you onto the staff team? What makes you different from other applicants? I feel like I have had a ton of experience as a staff member. I was staff on a specific server for over 5 seasons with over 1k players on their faction realms and climbed to senior admin. I feel that factions has evolved to a bigger understanding since then, meaning the game mode has been formed into something bigger, better and newer! I feel like I would be a great fit to help this community grow further and help players feel comfortable and enjoy this server as much as I have. Experience is something that people I feel don't necessarily need, but it definitely helps. Being staff is a great experience and is super rewarding at least for me being able to help people which has been something that I have always loved to do no matter if its in game or in public for instance. I feel comfortable switching back over to a staff role and feel I can get back into the swing of things extremely quick.

What would you do to benefit Decimate and its community to make it better than it is, how will you being staff make a positive impact on Decimate? I feel that I will be able to moderate and help people wherever they are needed, I am one to welcome new people whenever someone joins the server for the first time. I go way out of my way to help people which is something that has been natural to me! Staff isn't just a tag In front of your name, it has a meaning and I plan to play that role to the fullest if I get the opportunity to help out on Decimate and within this wonderful community in game and in discord. Some staff apply for a role on the team for the name, but it has a totally different reward and feeling when you can accomplish things with great co-worker and team.

What will you do to improve the community? And how will you do it? I will enforce the rules like normal and how any staff member should. I will also welcome everyone to make sure it is a warm and welcome community to anyone and the players that join. Improving the community is a day to day thing, you have to take it one day at a time and help/improve where it is needed, when it is needed! Servers always grow on certain things, for instance a great community, and or atmosphere. The community here on Decimate is hard to find anywhere else and I am glad to say I was able to be a member apart of it.

Previous staff experiences (Provide reasoning for resignation/demotion and provide proof.): I was staff on OriginMC for 5 years roughly back when it was a thing. The server had been sold (this is what we were told as a staff team), and from there everything had fallen apart. I do not have any proof due to the period of time it has been since I have been staff on there, my brother can vouch for me as we had played together and still do but people my view it as biased and or inaccurate information and proof.
I can show proof of me being staff over on OriginMC when needed!!

Can you record and have a microphone?: Yes I can record for proof for instance and I have a working mic, I also have discord on my phone so I can always try to help with an issue at anytime even if I am not online.

Have you ever been banned from any server? Yes I have, I won't lie about it. I was hacked recently and was banned on a popular server for auto fishing on the hackers part as revenge for raiding their base (ftop 1). I do not hack and never plan to do so, I only plan on catching the hackers. I respect the game and play strictly with vanilla other then changing my texture pack.

Do you vow that if you are accepted into the team that you will not harm, disrupt, or destroy Decimate and the community? And if you do, you understand you will be blacklisted off the network without a chance to appeal? (Depending on the severity of the offense.) Yes, I totally agree with this and will never harm Decimate and or its community in any way shape or form. It is not fair to harm and be a monster to someone's creation and hard dedicated work.

Do you understand that if you are found to only be trying to get staff for the title alone, you will be demoted? You should only apply for staff because you want to help the community do well and have the drive to help players and want to help guide Decimate to a brighter future. : Yes of course, it would be an honor to be apart of the team to drive it's community for the better to better its community.

Do you vow that during the time of Staffing you will follow our set of Staff Rules/Guidelines, not leak them and respect your fellow companions despite not liking them?: Yes, rules are extremely important in a business like atmosphere and is strictly to be held within a tight nit circle.

Can you get along with most people even if you do not like them at all? And never be biased in your decisions as staff towards fellow faction members or even friends?: I am a very likeable person and seem to never have issues with others. I am a people person and I love to talk!

Do you understand that we can demote you at any time for anything? (Including things not listed here.) Yes I totally understand and feel it is completely fair all of the way around.

Thanks for you time and consideration, it means a ton to me!

Sincerely,
Landon "Whihtness"

Last edited:

Denies

Sr. Mod
Staff member
Senior Mod
Hey man, just thought I’d give you some friendly tips just to make it look more presentable.

-> Fix the spacing between “Can you record” and “staff experience “
-> I know it was a long time ago but providing proof of being staff is great and much appreciated.

Your experience is amazing IMO. Good luck man.

Zack

Hello there,

I'm not going to be rating your application, just going to give some suggestions.
- Add more detail
- Great experience
- Try and provide proof
- As stated by Denies fix spacing

Kindest Regards,
Zack

Nataliie

Server Admin
Staff member
Admin
Why should I accept you onto the staff team? What makes you different from other applicants? I feel like I have had a ton of experience as a staff member. I was staff on a specific server for over 5 seasons with over 1k players on their faction realms and climbed to senior admin. I feel that factions has evolved to a bigger understanding since then and I feel like I would be a great fit to help this community grow further.
What server is this? Also awkward phrasing when you say "I feel that faction has evolved to a bigger understanding" what does this mean?

What would you do to benefit Decimate and its community to make it better than it is, how will you being
staff make a positive impact on Decimate? I feel that I will be able to moderate and help people wherever they are needed, I am one to welcome new people whenever someone joins the server for the first time. I go way out of my way to help people like so staff need to learn how to do! Staff isn't just a tag In front of your name, it has a meaning and I plan to play that role to the fullest if I get the opportunity to help out on Decimate and within this wonderful community.
Go into more detail in this question. The answer you've provided is very bland and doesn't show anything that makes your application stand out.

What will you do to improve the community? And how will you do it? I will enforce the rules like normal, I will also welcome everyone to make sure it is a warm and welcome community to anyone and the players that join. Improving the community is a day to day thing, you have to take it one day at a time and help/improve where it is needed, when it is needed!
Besides "greeting new players" what else can you do? We don't need a personal greeter for the staff team and you've mentioned this more than once, we need staff members who are here to staff.

Previous staff experiences (Provide reasoning for resignation/demotion and provide proof.): I was staff on OriginMC for 5 years roughly back when it was a thing. The server had been sold (is what we were told as a staff team), and from there everything had fallen apart.
Was the last time you were staff five years ago? Also do you have proof?

Contribute to the community more before writing an application, you don't show dedication to Decimate right now and add detail

Good luck

- Little amounts of detail

- New to forums, haven't posted anything besides this. (Try being more active on the forums)

Good Luck.

Whihtness

Thread starter #6
Hey man, just thought I’d give you some friendly tips just to make it look more presentable.

-> Fix the spacing between “Can you record” and “staff experience “
-> I know it was a long time ago but providing proof of being staff is great and much appreciated.

Your experience is amazing IMO. Good luck man.
Hello there,

I'm not going to be rating your application, just going to give some suggestions.
- Add more detail
- Great experience
- Try and provide proof
- As stated by Denies fix spacing

Kindest Regards,
Zack
Thanks for the great feedback! I have added some things and have fixed the spacing! Thank you so much.

Hey
I have a couple things to say.
  1. you have barely any detail. Applications are expected to be filled with useful information about you and your skills yet I feel this was rushed.
  2. You have no color scheme. The application at some points is hard to read.
  3. You have little to no community interaction being as you have 2 posts.
  4. You have no proof of staff history.

Whihtness

Thread starter #8
Hey
I have a couple things to say.
  1. you have barely any detail. Applications are expected to be filled with useful information about you and your skills yet I feel this was rushed.
  2. You have no color scheme. The application at some points is hard to read.
  3. You have little to no community interaction being as you have 2 posts.
  4. You have no proof of staff history.
Thanks for the response, I feel that color scheming should not be apart of a good staff app as some can get carried away with it! I am trying to reach out for proof of being staff on Origin!

Banned #9
Hey Applicant,
I will be saying a couple of things about your application before giving my rating.
  • You have little detail. I would suggest adding more detail.
  • All your messages have been within the staff application, which means you aren't committed to engaging with the community on the forums.
  • You have no proof of being staff. This is a big thing because it shows if you have experience handling and dealing with players.
  • Why should I accept you onto the staff team? What makes you different from other applicants? I feel like I have had a ton of experience as a staff member. I was staff on a specific server for over 5 seasons with over 1k players on their faction realms and climbed to senior admin. I feel that factions has evolved to a bigger understanding since then and I feel like I would be a great fit to help this community grow further.
    Here you said, "factions has evolved to a bigger understanding". What does this mean?
  • A color scheme will make it easier to see where the question is and where the answer is. (even if its bolded and unbolded)
  • You have ignored important feedback which may help you.

I will be -1ing this application for these reasons and other reasons stated above.
Good luck!
-1Free

Whihtness

Thread starter #10
I have added more detail and info to my staff application! Thanks for your time and consideration.

Whihtness

prettys

I have read your application and I have some things to say.
- You are lacking detail. Detail shows us that you put time and thought into the application.
- You have no proof of staff which yes I know you’re trying to get it but we can’t just take your word on it.
- The only effort you’ve made to engage in the forums community is here on your application I suggest making an introduction thread even.
- You have good grammar though.

Maybe consider taking in all the feedback everyone has given.
I will be giving this application a -1 due to the reasons stated above

Hey there!
Great application overall liked the in-depth explanation of why you stand out, but here are a few recommended things to add to your application:

1. Provide proof of past staff experience to increase your chance of getting accepted.
2. Add a bit more detail to every section of the app.
3. Very little Grammar mistakes but it would be best to fix them.

Overall great app and I hope to work with you. +1

Have you ever been banned from any server? Yes I have, I won't lie about it. I was hacked recently and was banned on a popular server for auto fishing on the hackers part as revenge for raiding their base (ftop 1). I do not hack and never plan to do so, I only plan on catching the hackers. I respect the game and play strictly with vanilla other then changing my texture pack.
You break rules to get revenge? Not a good trait.
How can they trust you if you do that

Edit:

- Little amounts of detail

- New to forums, haven't posted anything besides this. (Try being more active on the forums)

Good Luck.
I'd suggest being more active then applying

Milez_Playz

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Mod
Hello there!
As other staff members have stated, here are some thoughts I had.
  1. There is some detail lacking. If you can add more details, it can help.\
  2. As others have said, please add the proof of your staffing and the name of the server to it as well.
  3. Good grammer and looks fairly neat, however, if you can add a color scheme to make it a bit easier to read, much appreciated.
  4. There isn't much engagement with the community. If you can, please be more active and reply to threads, introducing yourself, etc.
Althought my statements above have been said before, I will give this a -1. If you can add these suggestions (which i see you haven't) this can be changed.

Thank you,
Milez

4Pi

Server Mod
Staff member
Late response, but most of my opinions are already stated above. So Best of Luck!