Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to partake in events, giveaways and more!
Thread starter #1
IGN: RefundMerch

Previous IGN: (Link your Name Mc profile here) https://namemc.com/search?q=RefundMerch

Realm applying for: (Skyblock/Factions) Factions

Age (Must be 14 or older): 15

Timezone: NA (EST)

What do you think of yourself as far as being a toxic player or are you a calm and quiet player?:
I'm more of a calm player that will help out situations in game between faction members and the community, in general.

How active are/were you:
I was very active as staff on Decimate aprox.(5+ hours/days)
Obviously exceeding that number!

Do you understand that if you do not meet the minimal hours a week of Discord, forums, in-game, you will be demoted without further warning?
Yes

Why should I accept you onto the staff team? What makes you different from other applicants?

How am I different from others?

The activity is one thing that makes me very different from others as people do promise the 10 hours a week goal, but I am the up and beyond person and doesn't care about how many hours. But if I enjoy doing my job I will spend as long as I can helping people out and just being a great staff member. Also I will help anyone whenever I am online as I have done my previous servers and made sure the players are satisfied! Keeping everything chill is a great thing I'm good at. I hate seeing people being let down or being toxic against each other. I will try to my capability to sort out any beef between players.

What would you do to benefit Decimate and its community to make it better than it is, how will you being staff make a positive impact on Decimate?

I would do many thinks to benefit the community and server in any way possible. These 3 skills really show how I can make a positive impact!
Maturity
Even though I am 15, I have been told that I am a very mature and responsible guy. I have a lot of patience and very friendly in-game. I have never warned or muted anyone yet for Staff Disrespect, because I think that I am on a server to make it better and with the community if I punish for Staff Disrespect, that is my fault that I applied to be staff. I never really feel offended and in messy and toxic situations in chat, I am the guy to solve the problems. As I have dealt with situations like these in the past I would mute chat and message the people arguing or ask them to come into discord/teamspeak and solve the problem.

Activity
For a staff member, I am very active as I am on whenever needed. On Decimate, MapleCraft and VanityMC was on at least 5 hours a weekday and more on the weekend. I am always ready to help people in the waiting rooms in discord and help them to my abilities. If needed I would let someone higher ranked know the problem and how they can help.

Critical Thinking
When coming to tricky situations, I am very good at resolving them. From questions to illegal patching/claims. One strategy I use is to bringing both sides of the argument and letting them take turns to explain their POV. After asking higher staff for opinions and help, I can surely situate these cases in a professional manner.

What will you do to improve the community? And how will you do it?
I am very active player as quoted above. I'm also very active in chat helping and just bringing a spark of positivity to the community!
These 2 skills really show how I can improve the community.

Helpfulness
I am always ready to help and improve the server. Either by helping people while PvP or with insides. I am also pretty good at screen sharing and can find most ghost clients and auto-clickers. When people show up for anti-cheats or get reported I always make sure that they are cheating or not. If it is blatant, I will ban straight away, if it's not blatant I'll screen share them and check for anything that isn't allowed on the server.

Kindness
No matter how disrespectful players are, I will always help in a kind way and act professional when talking to the community. I am very good at cooperating with others like staff teams as I get along with them all!

Previous staff experiences (Provide reasoning for resignation/demotion and provide proof.):
https://gyazo.com/f3876d327a798f5da74ec3afd71163c4 - Revival SrAdmin
Server gone- Vikkcraft
Server sold- MapleCraft (message owner for proof: Aoki#6629) JrMod
https://gyazo.com/a3fd469c2f60085a5eea733454484fcb- VanityMC
DECIMATE
Other small servers like RaidCentral

Can you record and have a microphone?: YES
Have you ever been banned from any server? Saico: 1 year ago for hacking
Do you vow that if you are accepted into the team that you will not harm, disrupt, or destroy Decimate and the community? And if you do, you understand you will be blacklisted off the network without a chance to appeal? (Depending on the severity of the offense.)
YES, I vow
Do you understand that if you are found to only be trying to get staff for the title alone, you will be demoted? You should only apply for staff because you want to help the community do well and have the drive to help players and want to help guide Decimate to a brighter future. :
YES, I understand
Do you vow that during the time of Staffing you will follow our set of Staff Rules/Guidelines, not leak them and respect your fellow companions despite not liking them?:
YES, I vow
Can you get along with most people even if you do not like them at all? And never be biased in your decisions as staff towards fellow faction members or even friends?:
Yup, forsure!
Do you understand that we can demote you at any time for anything? (Including things not listed here.)
Yes!

Last edited:
Hey Dude!
-There's a lack of detail
-Change the Color up a bit and maybe bold some of them
-Decent Staff experience

Overall Just add some more detail on everything, for right now im gonna have to go with a +0, or neutral.

~Sincerely,
YeetusMageetusIII

Hey there!

Appearance. I love the way you've set this up, though you should try emboldening the questions, to help show where they begin, and the answers begin. The subcategories for questions are fantastic!

Detail. Even with the Subcategories, I feel this is lacking in some detail. You worded this very well, however you seem to reiterate some of the same points throughout the application.

Activity. Even though you state multiple times that you are an active player, you have next to no playtime on our servers and minimal activity on the Forums.

• As stated above, you seem to Reiterate the same few points throughout the Application, however, you claim to know your way around the Staff commands, along with all the tools that come along with it.

Neutral Until you add more detail, and become more active within the community.

Last edited:

JaeKon

Hey there! Good application! Just a few things I saw.
Spell Check and More Detail. +- Nuetral
Good luck!!!

Hey so, in my opinion, you lack a lot of detail like a lot. In questions with big answers, you wrote 1 line of stuff. Even though you made this application look good I don't think you put so much effort in making it. You seem to have a lot of past staff experience but I think you are just doing this for the title. I am sorry to be this guy but from me, it is a -1. Good luck though :)

Nice color scheme, easy to read.
When stating what makes you different you say that you want to keep the server smooth and punish players. This is not unique at all and does not make you stand out.
You have good detail.
Over all a decent application.
Good luck!

Hi there.
  1. Right off the rip, only the picture of you as mod can be counted as proof. The Sr Admin screenshot can be from ANY discord, if you were able to get a better picture it would count.
  2. toxic against each other. I will try to my capability to sort out any beef between players.
    We allow almost all toxicity.
  3. You have very minimal playtime with only 2 hours on venus and 0 on mars.

4. I am very active player
    Technically, you are not. 2 hours on both servers is not active.
  5. I feel overall this application is lacking a lot of detail.

Thread starter #9
Hi there.
  1. Right off the rip, only the picture of you as mod can be counted as proof. The Sr Admin screenshot can be from ANY discord, if you were able to get a better picture it would count.

2. We allow almost all toxicity.
  3. You have very minimal playtime with only 2 hours on venus and 0 on mars.

4. Technically, you are not. 2 hours on both servers is not active.
  5. I feel overall this application is lacking a lot of detail.

The activity part is not on decimate as I was staff previously on here. But the last server I staffed was Vanity where I was very active

Hey,

Some things about your application.
- Could use some more detail in some of the questions
- You have good staff experience.
- In my opinion you need more time on the server and to get a better understanding on how it works.
- Try being more involved in the forums community as this is one of your first messages.

I am NEUTRAL

Denies

Sr. Mod
Staff member
Senior Mod
Hey there RefundMerch, here is my unbias opinion on your staff application:

Positives
-> It look cleans, professional and easy to read.
-> You are somewhat known in the faction community
-> No Punishment history.

Suggestions
-> As Respect stated you only have proof of you being Mod so we can only really count that for experience. ( Which is fine )
-> Just a minor thing but add a profile picture
-> Be Active on other forums posts other then just your staff application
-> Increase your activity in discord, I've only seen you in general chat once before

These reasons lead me to being NEUTRAL on this application.

Kind Regards,
Denies

OffCourseYT

Server Admin
Staff member
Admin
Hello. Your application looks decent overall. But, one thing that strikes my attention is that you don't even have 3 hours accross both servers. This shows you barely know the server and are not dedicated. I'm going to have to give you a -1. Have a good one.

Attachments

Thread starter #15
Hello. Your application looks decent overall. But, one thing that strikes my attention is that you don't even have 3 hours accross both servers. This shows you barely know the server and are not dedicated. I'm going to have to give you a -1. Have a good one.
I have played Decimate a while ago for good months. I was very active at that period of time and the servers I recently staffed (Vanity) I had very high playtimes https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...1/550161710540128286/JPEG_20190226_224606.jpg (From 1 map)

OffCourseYT

Server Admin
Staff member
Admin
Thread starter #17
From 1 map^
Hey Dude!
-There's a lack of detail
-Change the Color up a bit and maybe bold some of them
-Decent Staff experience

Overall Just add some more detail on everything, for right now im gonna have to go with a +0, or neutral.

~Sincerely,
YeetusMageetusIII
Thanks for the feedback !

Thread starter #20
Hey so, in my opinion, you lack a lot of detail like a lot. In questions with big answers, you wrote 1 line of stuff. Even though you made this application look good I don't think you put so much effort in making it. You seem to have a lot of past staff experience but I think you are just doing this for the title. I am sorry to be this guy but from me, it is a -1. Good luck though :)
Thanks for the feedback! Will do so.