Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to partake in events, giveaways and more!
Status
Not open for further replies.

nipdik

Thread starter #1
IGN:
nipdik

Previous IGN: (Link your Name Mc profile here)
https://namemc.com/profile/nipdik.1

Realm applying for: (Skyblock/Factions)
I am applying for the Factions realm.

Age (Must be 14 or older):
I am 15 years old (almost 16).

Timezone:
I am in the US EST time zone.

What do you think of yourself as far as being a toxic player or are you a calm and quiet player?:
I think of myself as a rather talkative player as I stress certain points that need to be made clear, but do not consider myself ever being a toxic player. I am able to deal with and assist angry or disturbed players with whatever problems are occurring to them and stand my ground while not pushing any boundaries.

How active are/were you:
I am just coming back from a break of Minecraft. Before I took this break, there were some weekdays in which I would be on for 5 or 6 hours (obviously I can’t be doing that every night with school and sports), but on average I could play 1 to 3ish hours depending on what activities I have going on that particular day. On weekends, I can play for about 2-6 hours also depending on what activities I have that day and how urgently I am needed.

Do you understand that if you do not meet the minimal hours a week of Discord, forums, in-game, you will be demoted without further warning?
Yes, I understand this and also agree with it as if I am not contributing enough to the server, I shouldn’t be taking a spot from someone who would actually be able to put more of their time into it. I also understand that I have never been active on the Discord forums due to me never having competitively participated on a map on this exact server and just getting back from a long break (this activity on the forums will quickly change as I am now beginning to get back into Minecraft). In spite of this, I have watched many youtube videos dating back to the first time RoyalMC played on this server. I assure you that I am a very active in-game and forum player/person. Despite what I said above, I have actually played on this server before and have definitely been a member of it for more than 2 weeks (which I felt like I needed to state as it is one of the requirements). I simply have never participated in an entire map whilst playing with one of my competitive factions.

Why should I accept you onto the staff team? What makes you different from other applicants?
I believe I should be accepted onto the staff team as I have simply been playing this game for such a long period of time. I first started playing this game in 2013 and although I didn’t start playing factions until at least 2015, I have learned and dealt with various situation that shapes me to be a staff member. I have done everything I need to do as an actual player and want to use my knowledge of factions to help out new players and boost their experience in this community. I also have a good amount of staff experience that will benefit how much I can actually help out on the server.

What would you do to benefit Decimate and its community to make it better than it is, how will you being staff make a positive impact on Decimate?
I would benefit the Decimate community by setting a goal of using my knowledge to improve every player’s experience on the server. I have been playing this game for long enough to understand what players really need the most help with and how I can make them more skilled players. At the end of the day, improving the player’s experience is really what matters.

What will you do to improve the community? And how will you do it?
As I said before, I will try to improve every player’s experience and will do this by being an active and reliable staff member, using my knowledge to improve people’s experience, and moderating other player’s to make sure that no rules are being broken that could possibly endanger the experiences of other players.

Previous staff experiences (Provide reasoning for resignation/demotion and provide proof.):
I was staff on two servers that I have since lost touch with the others as they both dated back to 2015 and 2016, however I will talk about these two servers and also the servers NoxiousPvP and VanityMC. I was Admin on a KitPvP server back around 2015. This taught me some stuff about screensharing but more importantly about how hackers play. I usually can identify if a player if cheating or using a hack client just by observing them for a few minutes and looking for any signs of noticeable and awkward movements. If I feel they are cheating or being suspicious, I would bring them in discord. I also gained staff experience from this server which has closed down since then. Next, I was Moderator on a Factions server in 2016. On this server, I learned a lot about players and what they needed help with the most. I enjoyed staffing this faction server because it always kept me busy. I also gained so much knowledge about factions and what happens behind the scenes. After this, I was Helper on NoxiousPvP. This was probably one of the most enjoyable experiences of my Minecraft career. I had so much fun with all the players and other staff members and was sad it ever had to come to an end. Of course you probably know, the server shut down after the owner basically gave up on it. Finally, I was helper on the server VanityMC. I enjoyed playing this server and meeting new people. I resigned from this server not because anything wrong with the community but instead because of person issues that I had to deal with. After I resigned from VanityMC, I took a break and now… here I am! If any proof of being staff on NoxiousPvP and VanityMC is needed, I can surely get this information from old screenshots or current/retired staff members. One of my fellow staff members from NoxiousPvP is actually an Admin on here (OffCourseYT), so that rules out one of the servers. For VanityMC, I can have one of the owners or administrators message anyone if needed . However, I am unable to provide any proof of the two servers that I began with as I have since gotten a new computer and lost all old screenshots. The owners of these two servers do not play Minecraft and I have last all contact with them.
I managed to find some proof from VanityMC: https://gyazo.com/3ba30ac62a5b9588c06ad939de4bc42e
OffCourseYT vouched for me below for NoxiousPvP (I'm trying to get visual proof of this but need to go onto my old computer as I have no screenshots/gyazos from in-game that would be sufficient to show here).

Can you record and have a microphone?:
I can record and do have a microphone.

Have you ever been banned from any server?
I am going to be honest. I probably have been permanently banned on a server for some reason. However, I know for a fact that I have never been banned on a server for disrespecting staff or making disrespectful or racist remarks towards another player. I also have never been banned for any hacking/clients.

Do you vow that if you are accepted into the team that you will not harm, disrupt, or destroy Decimate and the community? And if you do, you understand you will be blacklisted off the network without a chance to appeal? (Depending on the severity of the offense.)
I agree to these terms.

Do you understand that if you are found to only be trying to get staff for the title alone, you will be demoted? You should only apply for staff because you want to help the community do well and have the drive to help players and want to help guide Decimate to a brighter future. :
I totally understand this reasoning and hopefully can have some staff members on the team to vouch for me.

Do you vow that during the time of Staffing you will follow our set of Staff Rules/Guidelines, not leak them and respect your fellow companions despite not liking them?:
I do.

Can you get along with most people even if you do not like them at all? And never be biased in your decisions as staff towards fellow faction members or even friends?:
I can easily get along with people despite me not liking them. I will never be biased towards certain players with my decisions as I have been the normal player in the game. I know how it feels to have everything on a server ruined simply because a staff member wants his friends to pull off this crazy raid and win the map (Happened to my faction on OkiMC), and it is not a good feeling. It also just gives the server a bad reputation when the staff are biased towards some players and holds back the community from growing.

Do you understand that we can demote you at any time for anything? (Including things not listed here.)
I do understand this and as said before, I agree with it.​

Last edited:
Just a tip where most likely all the staff members look at, Provide proof that you have been staff on Vanitymc and noxious!

Banned #3
Hey there,
  • You have an okay amount of detail.
  • Some grammatical errors here and there.
  • No proof of previous staff experience. This is always needed.
  • [Me personally] I feel like you want it for the staff rank. I have never met you and know what your motives are but to me you look like you want it for the title.
  • Have you ever been banned from any server? I am going to be honest. I probably have been permanently banned on a server for some reason. However, I know for a fact that I have never been banned on a server for disrespecting staff or making disrespectful or racist remarks towards another player.
    Does this mean you have been banned for hacks/having an unfair advantage?

Some things you could improve on:
  • You haven't tried to engage/get involved with the community since you posted your staff application.
  • Look over and edit your application for any errors.
  • Add more detail.
  • Add the proof.
Your staff application is like a First Impression. You always want to do your best and you will do good!
Neutral

Good Luck!
-1Free

OffCourseYT

Server Admin
Staff member
Admin
Hello. You are new to Decimate, so that can hold you back from helping with some questions. But, you can learn relatively easy. You were also staff with me on Noxious, so I can vouch for that. I'm going to give this a neutral. Good luck!:)

Tuite

Server Helper
Staff member
Helper
Its a here nor there application. You show some promise I wont lie, I am not going to go on about grammer no one is perfect. Sadly not even me. Anyways clarify on some points and expand some answers and you will be okay I feel.

- tuite

Neutral

Nataliie

Server Admin
Staff member
Admin
How active are/were you: I am just coming back from a break of Minecraft. Before I took this break, there were some weekdays in which I would be on for 5 or 6 hours (obviously I can’t be doing that every night with school and sports), but on average I could play 1 to 3ish hours depending on what activities I have going on that particular day. On weekends, I can play for about 2-6 hours also depending on what activities I have that day and how urgently I am needed.
Will you be able to get on and meet our minimum amount of hours per week? I understand that with sports and other activities it can get demanding at times so this might be an issue.

Previous staff experiences (Provide reasoning for resignation/demotion and provide proof.): I was staff on two servers that I have since lost touch with the others as they both dated back to 2015 and 2016, however I will talk about these two servers and also the servers NoxiousPvP and VanityMC. I was Admin on a KitPvP server back around 2015. This taught me some stuff about screensharing but more importantly about how hackers play. I usually can identify if a player if cheating or using a hack client just by observing them for a few minutes and looking for any signs of noticeable and awkward movements. If I feel they are cheating or being suspicious, I would bring them in discord. I also gained staff experience from this server which has closed down since then. Next, I was Moderator on a Factions server in 2016. On this server, I learned a lot about players and what they needed help with the most. I enjoyed staffing this faction server because it always kept me busy. I also gained so much knowledge about factions and what happens behind the scenes. After this, I was Helper on NoxiousPvP. This was probably one of the most enjoyable experiences of my Minecraft career. I had so much fun with all the players and other staff members and was sad it ever had to come to an end. Of course you probably know, the server shut down after the owner basically gave up on it. Finally, I was helper on the server VanityMC. I enjoyed playing this server and meeting new people. I resigned from this server not because anything wrong with the community but instead because of person issues that I had to deal with. After I resigned from VanityMC, I took a break and now… here I am! If any proof of being staff on NoxiousPvP and VanityMC is needed, I can surely get this information from old screenshots or current/retired staff members. One of my fellow staff members from NoxiousPvP is actually an Admin on here (OffCourseYT), so that rules out one of the servers. For VanityMC, I can have one of the owners or administrators message anyone if needed . However, I am unable to provide any proof of the two servers that I began with as I have since gotten a new computer and lost all old screenshots. The owners of these two servers do not play Minecraft and I have last all contact with them.
I didn't get this from our answer but when was the last time you've actually been a staff member? And if so, please do provide the proof. It would be better if it was posted in the application to skip the hassle of looking at it privately.

Have you ever been banned from any server? I am going to be honest. I probably have been permanently banned on a server for some reason. However, I know for a fact that I have never been banned on a server for disrespecting staff or making disrespectful or racist remarks towards another player.
Would you know if it was for hacking or not? If so, can you give a time frame of when you were possibly banned? It's a bit concerning that you wouldn't know if you were ever permanently banned from a server or not.

Good luck

Respect

Sr. Admin
Staff member
Sr. Admin
Howdy,
  1. You have only 3 messages on the forums. Interact with the community more before applying.
  2. You have decent detail.
  3. I like the basic color scheme you have going on,
  4. You have no proof to back up your staffing history on one of the servers, Offcourse vouched for the other.
  5. You only have 2 hours of playtime on venus and 0 on mars.
  6. Why should I accept you onto the staff team? What makes you different from other applicants?
    You claim to have dealt with every situation, can you give examples? Just stating bland points seems like you are trying to beef up the application.
  7. How active are/were you:
    If you were to play based off of your minimal hours, 1 and 2 (weekdays and weekends), that puts you at 9 hours playtime. A staff member needs to contribute at least 20 hours a week. Can you do this every week?

Neutral

nipdik

Thread starter #8
Hey there,
  • You have an okay amount of detail.
  • Some grammatical errors here and there.
  • No proof of previous staff experience. This is always needed.
  • [Me personally] I feel like you want it for the staff rank. I have never met you and know what your motives are but to me you look like you want it for the title.

• Does this mean you have been banned for hacks/having an unfair advantage?

Some things you could improve on:
  • You haven't tried to engage/get involved with the community since you posted your staff application.
  • Look over and edit your application for any errors.
  • Add more detail.
  • Add the proof.
Your staff application is like a First Impression. You always want to do your best and you will do good!
Neutral

Good Luck!
-1Free
I have added proof of staff experience and also stated that the reasons I was banned for were never hacks (I should have made this clear before). Thank you for the feedback.

Archi137

Neutral - An okay amount of detail, if you are new to the community I recommend waiting a little while before you apply, but anyways gl

nipdik

Thread starter #10
Will you be able to get on and meet our minimum amount of hours per week? I understand that with sports and other activities it can get demanding at times so this might be an issue.

I didn't get this from our answer but when was the last time you've actually been a staff member? And if so, please do provide the proof. It would be better if it was posted in the application to skip the hassle of looking at it privately.

Would you know if it was for hacking or not? If so, can you give a time frame of when you were possibly banned? It's a bit concerning that you wouldn't know if you were ever permanently banned from a server or not.

Good luck
I will certainly be able to meet the minimum amount of hours per week and hope to even exceed them.

My last staffing experience was about 4 months ago when I resigned from VanityMC. I have added visual proof of this and am working on getting visual proof of NoxiousPvP.

Sorry, I should have stated that it definitely was not hacking. What I meant by this was that I have definitely been banned on a server at one point from now dating back to 2013, however I genuinely cannot remember a time and reason for this as it was so long ago. I can assure that it was never for being disrespectful to staff or other players or hacking.

Howdy,
  1. You have only 3 messages on the forums. Interact with the community more before applying.
  2. You have decent detail.
  3. I like the basic color scheme you have going on,
  4. You have no proof to back up your staffing history on one of the servers, Offcourse vouched for the other.
  5. You only have 2 hours of playtime on venus and 0 on mars.

6. You claim to have dealt with every situation, can you give examples? Just stating bland points seems like you are trying to beef up the application.

7. If you were to play based off of your minimal hours, 1 and 2 (weekdays and weekends), that puts you at 9 hours playtime. A staff member needs to contribute at least 20 hours a week. Can you do this every week?

Neutral
I read your remark on the first quote and agree that I should have used different wording. I have edited it from the original wording and hope it is less bland. One example of this is when a player on NoxiousPvP actually was creating fake evidence in which he disguised his screen in all the overlays and filled up chat with actual things said by players in-game (He put all of this into a normal screenshot which was most likely taken on singleplayer). He would then create a fake message from a player he wanted to get punished and make it look like this player actually was saying these things but instead it was just him reporting fake evidence. This was countered by closely examining each piece of evidence such as the glare or brightness on the overlays or placement of the chats on the screen. Eventually the person doing this backed off and left the network alone, but it was an odd experience where you just didn't know what you could believe even though you were literally looking right at it.

Next, I would not play the minimal amount of hours I displayed above each day. Instead, one day I may play 3 hours, the next 1, and then another 3. My playtime will vary depending on my schedule that day but I will never only play 1 hour every day of the weekdays and 2 hours each day of the weekend.

Disapeared

Sr. Mod
Staff member
Senior Mod
Your application looks very clean, and you provide a good amount of detail. You have hardly any playtime from what I’ve seen, you’ve got to get that up before even thinking about staff(how could you even know you want to be staff if you don’t know the server itself?). You have great staff experience, but don’t have any proof(although OffCourse did vouch for you being staff on Vanity). I am going to rate this a -1 only because you don’t have much playtime. If you can get that up and get to actually know the server I will probably change my mind!

nipdik

Thread starter #12
Your application looks very clean, and you provide a good amount of detail. You have hardly any playtime from what I’ve seen, you’ve got to get that up before even thinking about staff(how could you even know you want to be staff if you don’t know the server itself?). You have great staff experience, but don’t have any proof(although OffCourse did vouch for you being staff on Vanity). I am going to rate this a -1 only because you don’t have much playtime. If you can get that up and get to actually know the server I will probably change my mind!
Thank you for the feedback. I have played on the server before just never a full map competitively, and I have seen many youtube videos/series on the server. Also, I provided proof of being staff on Vanity, and OffCourseYT vouched for me on NoxiousPvP.

Ace

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Application forwarded to the next stage, dm me on Discord for instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.