Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to partake in events, giveaways and more!

Moose

Server Helper
Staff member
Helper
Thread starter #1
IGN: MooseRL
Previous IGN: https://namemc.com/search?q=mooserl
Realm applying for: (Skyblock/Factions
)Factions
Age (Must be 14 or older): 17
Timezone: NA
What do you think of yourself as far as being a toxic player or are you a calm and quiet player?: At the start of playing factions I was more of a quiet, calm person, but getting to realize the the toxicity can spread to you very quick, I would consider my self toxic now, but that can easily change if I do become staff.

How active are/were you: 4 to 5 hours a day, is what I can do to, weekends I can show up to 8 to 9 hours a day.

Do you understand that if you do not meet the minimal hours a week of Discord, forums, in-game, you will be demoted without further warning? Yes I do understand this, I am always on active on the Discord and in game. Forums I slack on a little bit now and days but can change.

Why should I accept you onto the staff team? What makes you different from other applicants? The reasons you should accept me to the Decimate staff team are for these reasons.
Active : For the server I show a lot of activeness in the community, in both in game and discord, I feel like most people who do apply are active in game but were not active in discord at all to become Helper in many situations. I feel like from the other Applicants, I have that over them and it will show a lot in my staffing. Some other Applicants in my view do not really try in some areas.

Helping : As a player of the community there is sometimes were staff are not on or lacking in staff at the current time I play in sometimes. Succeeding in just helping someone is just something a thrive for in the community. If there is no staff on the server and just a new player is asking for some help, I do like to help that person even if I hate them or like them. I feel like everyone has a fair chance in the faction community to do what they feel the best, but I would like to help a lot of these faction players who play this server, with problems they are coming across everyday. Just out of life, I feel the need to help people, even if it is just that 1 person who is short a $1, it is just very pleasing to help them out. Not just in Minecraft I like to help in, as in my Rocket League gaming days, I help with my friends telling them what to do just to get better at the game, because they always ask how I do something like that, and I just say practice and do this and that, and they shows up in that person, that they did.

Hours : I just feel like my hours are way much better then some other applicants.

What would you do to benefit Decimate and its community to make it better than it is, how will you being staff make a positive impact on Decimate? Like I have already said in my first answer. I want to be there for people, in game or Discord/Forums . As a factions player, I find it very hard to see someone in waiting room for over 30 minutes and it just hurts to see. I want to help people right off the bat. I am very active and cover very many hours of NA, do to my activeness. I will show kindness in every scenario that I have to deal with. I would like to see things go more a positive way then a negative way. As I have seen as a faction player, someone might get muted for something that they probably should have not got muted for. I want to give the person who is getting muted a chance to stop, instead of just giving a warning to the person. I feel like everyone in the community should have the chance to appeal a problem they just got, and I want to be the person to solve that person's problem and hopefully get it removed from them, because I have been in some of those problems and it does not feel good at all. This hopefully shows a lot of detail of why I think I could make a positive impact as a staff member.

What will you do to improve the community? And how will you do it? Just the way to improve the community, I want to start out staffing right away when I get on, instead of trying to help my faction with small stuff. I like to show honesty towards a lot of people, I am not afraid from arguments, so if someone wants to fight a problem with me, I am mostly likely to do so. I want all people to have a fair chance. To improve I see some staff members are not on and the kid might just rage over and over in chat, and gets muted for it, but staff does not why he was raging over it. I feel like I can fill in the role of showing positive support to every faction player who is currently playing Decimate. Also would just like to start off when I join the server, with a Hello or a Hi, so people know I am on and that I can help them out.
Previous staff experiences (Provide reasoning for resignation/demotion and provide proof.): No I have not been staff on any servers, but I am willing to put in a lot of effort into staffing for this server. I would like to show what I can to do and pick up on things, and show that I was not a bad choice for this staff team.

Can you record and have a microphone?: Yes I have a mic and can record with GeForce Experience.

Have you ever been banned from any server? I have been banned from servers, but I provided proof to state my reasoning to getting unbanned
I was banned on here early ago for (Attempting to Dupe) but I report dupes as some staff members know and was instantly unbanned after giving Correct evidence to the person who banned me.

Do you vow that if you are accepted into the team that you will not harm, disrupt, or destroy Decimate and the community? And if you do, you understand you will be blacklisted off the network without a chance to appeal? (Depending on the severity of the offense.) Yes I do vow to these guidelines.

Do you understand that if you are found to only be trying to get staff for the title alone, you will be demoted? You should only apply for staff because you want to help the community do well and have the drive to help players and want to help guide Decimate to a brighter future. : Yes I do understand, trying to get staff just for a tag is not what I want to achieve for the server. All I want to do his help players with their needs.

Do you vow that during the time of Staffing you will follow our set of Staff Rules/Guidelines, not leak them and respect your fellow companions despite not liking them?: Yes I will follow the Rules and Guidelines and will not leak them.

Can you get along with most people even if you do not like them at all? And never be biased in your decisions as staff towards fellow faction members or even friends?: Yes I agree with these terms.

Do you understand that we can demote you at any time for anything? (Including things not listed here.) Yes I do understand I can get demoted at any time.
UPDATED
Changed the spacing and no more blue bold answers

Last edited:
Hello there summoner,
I see that you are interested into joining the staff team. I see that your application has a couple of flaws that need to be fixed first and I will cover some overall things you need to work on.

For starters your application needs more detail, This is crucial as the staff team have high expectations and would definitely like to keep it professional as possible.

You are also and I quote "Willing to start an argument." As a staff member you are not meant to argue with the player base as it would be seen as hostility. Also, you do not have much experience within factions as a whole. Lucky for you Decimate will be glad to teach you the ropes if you get accepted.

Now some of the negative things I have within your application, For one you are toxic and have admitted yourself. We as a staff team do not hold toxic people who are toxic in the community. Many people have been demoted for it thus we recommend you work on your act first before wanting to apply, Lack of detail and need to really explain more on why you are different than other applicants.

My overall decision is a -1 until I see you change your act around.

Moose

Server Helper
Staff member
Helper
Thread starter #3
Hello there summoner,
I see that you are interested into joining the staff team. I see that your application has a couple of flaws that need to be fixed first and I will cover some overall things you need to work on.

For starters your application needs more detail, This is crucial as the staff team have high expectations and would definitely like to keep it professional as possible.
You are also and I quote "Willing to start an argument." As a staff member you are not meant to argue with the player base as it would be seen as hostility. Also, you do not have much experience within factions as a whole. Lucky for you Decimate will be glad to teach you the ropes if you get accepted.

Now some of the negative things I have within your application, For one you are toxic and have admitted yourself. We as a staff team do not hold toxic people who are toxic in the community. Many people have been demoted for it thus we recommend you work on your act first before wanting to apply, Lack of detail and need to really explain more on why you are different than other applicants.

My overall decision is a -1 until I see you change your act around.
I really did not mean to say " To start a argument" poor wording from me. I was trying to get the point across that I do not want to just lose a conversation to a player who think they are right.
Yes I admitted that I was toxic, but there is also very toxic staff and I can not be singled out for that. As I said I clean up and change the way I act, If I do become staff.
I do not know where you I do not have experience in factions as a whole.
You basically minus -1 for being (Toxic) clear stated when you say I need to change my act, pointing towards my toxicity.
I have looked at other detailed applications and can I say, I met the exact same lengths with their applications.
But you do know more then me, and you made it as a staff member
So thanks anyways
-Moose

Respect

Sr. Admin
Staff member
Sr. Admin
Hi there.
  1. You worded some of this application very weirdly. I suggest going through and fixing up some small grammatical mistakes.
  2. You have a clean ingame history.
  3. I have seen you a lot. You are indeed very active but I have seen you be toxic as well.
  4. You have been loyal to decimate for a while.
In my opinion, inviting someone new without experience is usually bad if you are eager to learn, it could work.
+1

Moose

Server Helper
Staff member
Helper
Thread starter #5
Hi there.
  1. You worded some of this application very weirdly. I suggest going through and fixing up some small grammatical mistakes.
  2. You have a clean ingame history.
  3. I have seen you a lot. You are indeed very active but I have seen you be toxic as well.
  4. You have been loyal to decimate for a while.
In my opinion, inviting someone new without experience is usually bad if you are eager to learn, it could work.
+1
Thank you very much for this response
Yes, I did word some of parts very weird, which I can go back right now and correct.
Yes I am Toxic but can change
Overall thank you.
-Moose

Banned #6
Hey there,
  • You have an okay amount of detail
  • Mistakes here and there
  • You have tried to engage with the community
  • You are active:
    (Venus)
  • You are toxic within the community.
  • No staff experience
  • Have a semi-clean history
Something you could improve on:
  • Fix ordering and check over for mistakes, etc.
  • You can't just become staff and claim you won't be toxic, we need to see a visible change in order to see if you will really commit to changing your attitude within the community.
  • You have broken countless rules since the launch of decimate, how do we know you don't just want it for the title? Just overtime follow the rules.
  • You don't have any staff experience, yes you are open to learning but going straight into such a big server isn't ideal. Try to get some experience first.
  • I am not afraid from arguments, so if someone wants to fight a problem with me, I am mostly likely to due so.
    Arguing with members isn't such a good thing, how do we know that you want to just argue with the community. Re-word this.

For now, I am Neutral unless I see changes with you and your application.

Good Luck!
-1Free

Milez_Playz

Staff member
Senior Mod
Hello Moose,
From what I have read:
-it is very apparent that you like to help others and are very active.
-However, being toxic now can be a set back. We don't have proof that you could change that, and as a staff team and in this community, we do not tolerate it.
-Also, at times it was a bit hard to read the text, and there were some grammar errors, or parts that didn't make sense.
-Another thing is detail. You need to add a few more details to set you apart from other applicants.
- You have a semi-clean record. However, it does not necessarily mean that you will get denied.

For some of these reasons, I am giving a neutral. However, if you change some of the things I have listed and you work on yourself, you could make the staff team in the future.

Thanks,
Milez

Last edited:

Moose

Server Helper
Staff member
Helper
Thread starter #8
Hey there,
  • You have an okay amount of detail
  • Mistakes here and there
  • You have tried to engage with the community
  • You are active:
    (Venus)
  • You are toxic within the community.
  • No staff experience
  • Have a semi-clean history
Something you could improve on:
  • Fix ordering and check over for mistakes, etc.
  • You can't just become staff and claim you won't be toxic, we need to see a visible change in order to see if you will really commit to changing your attitude within the community.
  • You have broken countless rules since the launch of decimate, how do we know you don't just want it for the title? Just overtime follow the rules.
  • You don't have any staff experience, yes you are open to learning but going straight into such a big server isn't ideal. Try to get some experience first.

• Arguing with members isn't such a good thing, how do we know that you want to just argue with the community. Re-word this.

For now, I am Neutral unless I see changes with you and your application.

Good Luck!
-1Free
I was fixing my application as you wrote this.
I fixed all my mistakes that were noticeable to me and others.
Also I did not really mean to say start a argument, that was very negative from to say but I meant that, I really just do not want to give up on the problem and not try to get higher staff to intervene with my problem. I would like to try to solve the small problems first, if not get higher staff to help me with it.
Overall thank you for the response
-Moose

Hello Moose,
From what I have read:
-it is very apparent that you like to help others and are very active.
-However, being toxic now can be a set back. We don't have proof that you could change that, and as a staff team and in this community, we do not tolerate it.
-Also, at times it was a bit hard to read the text, and there were some grammar errors, or parts that didn't make sense.
-Another thing is detail. You need to add a few more details to set you apart from other applicants.
- You have a semi-clean record. However, it does not necessarily mean that you will get denied.

For some of these reasons, I am giving a -1. However, if you change some of the things I have listed and you work on yourself, you could make the staff team in the future.

Thanks,
Milez
I was in the middle of changing of this when you responded.
I thought I had very good detail in some areas and had the same amount of detail as others.
My mistakes were corrected
My toxicity can change very quickly
Overall thank you for the response
-Moose

Quick update:

I have checked your overall background and went through a few of my old clips and I will be +1.
Hope to see you in.

Denies

Server Mod
Staff member
Hey there Moose, here is my unbias opinion on your staff application.

Positives
-> Only 1 previous punishment for "Chat Bypass" around 3 weeks ago: https://gyazo.com/1dbcf98065bf66da0513f464fb91a17b
-> You have a large amount of time played and are very known on the server
-> You obviously want to help the community grow and become better as a whole.
-> In my experience you aren't toxic at all and pretty chill
-> Loyal to decimate as Respect stated

Suggestions
-> Change up the layout and add some spacing between each question ( Its a clutter right now )
-> Change the blue IMO hurts the eyes

As Clearly stated the positives clearly out way the negatives hence me +1ing your application.
Kind Regards,

Denies

NWOTempest

Server Helper
Staff member
Helper
Hey there,

• You are very active, and known throughout the Community.
• You have a fairly clean History.
• A few grammatical mistakes here and there, but overall fairly well written.
• You've shown an effort to engage with the community on both Discord and the Forums.
• I like your color scheme, though try spacing the Questions, it makes the whole thing look clustered.

However,

• Your lack of experience will likely make the transition into Staff overwhelming, pairing that with your toxic habits will likely cause issues.

Overall,

• I'd like to give you a chance to transform yourself from the toxic person you once were, into a Mature member of our Staff team.

+1

Moose

Server Helper
Staff member
Helper
Thread starter #14
Hey there Moose, here is my unbias opinion on your staff application.

Positives
-> Only 1 previous punishment for "Chat Bypass" around 3 weeks ago: https://gyazo.com/1dbcf98065bf66da0513f464fb91a17b
-> You have a large amount of time played and are very known on the server
-> You obviously want to help the community grow and become better as a whole.
-> In my experience you aren't toxic at all and pretty chill
-> Loyal to decimate as Respect stated

Suggestions
-> Change up the layout and add some spacing between each question ( Its a clutter right now )
-> Change the blue IMO hurts the eyes

As Clearly stated the positives clearly out way the negatives hence me +1ing your application.
Kind Regards,

Denies
Thank you very much Denies
-Moose

Moose

Server Helper
Staff member
Helper
Thread starter #15
Hey there,
• You are very active, and known throughout the Community.​
• You have a fairly clean History.​
• A few grammatical mistakes here and there, but overall fairly well written.​
• You've shown an effort to engage with the community on both Discord and the Forums.​
• I like your color scheme, though try spacing the Questions, it makes the whole thing look clustered.​
However,​
• Your lack of experience will likely make the transition into Staff overwhelming, pairing that with your toxic habits will likely cause issues.​
Overall,
• I'd like to give you a chance to transform yourself from the toxic person you once were, into a Mature member of our Staff team.​
+1
Thank you NWOTempest means a lot to me
-Moose